Those aches and pains you are experiencing after your car accident, injury or fall are an indication that the area has suffered damage. The majority of auto accident and injury victims are unaware of hidden injuries because at times medications are masking the pain. Pain-relief and anti-inflammatory medications provide excellent short-term pain-relief by blocking the production of pain-causing substances (prostaglandins). When an injury occurs, not only is tissue damaged, but also the injured area loses its integration with the rest of the body.
One of our 8 highly trained Medical Massage Practitioners will create a massage treatment plan to help you recover and regain your activities of daily living with decreased pain.
Do I need to seek treatment?
If you answer YES to any of the questions below, you may be suffering from whiplash, ligament or tendon damage, muscle sprain or strain due to an auto accident or injury.
- Are you experiencing headaches, head and neck pains, stiff neck, muscle spasms?
- Do you have restricted head motion?
- Do you have equilibrium problems, loss of hearing, ringing in the ears?
- Are you experiencing eyestrain, increased sensitivity to light?
- Have you felt light-headed, excessively tired, or blacked out?
- Have you had any neuralgia (nerve pain) or neuritis (nerve inflammation)?
- Do you have cold hands or feet, or numbness of arms, hands, shoulders, feet, legs?
- Are you experiencing periods of unexplained depression, anxiety, irritability?
- Are you unable to concentrate, have poor memory?
- Do you have pains between the shoulders, low-back pains, tremors, rapid heartbeat?
- Neck / Shoulder pain and stiffness
- Low back pain
- Sensations such as burning or “pins and needles”
- Poor sleep
- Difficulty with concentration or memory
- Dizziness / Light-headedness
- Pain or numbness in the arm and/or hand
- Ringing in the ears
- Blurred vision
Accident and Injury Treatment
We are eminently qualified to treat acute and chronic injuries. Once we have identified your injuries, treatment may include Massage Therapy, hot stone to soothe the pain, and other pain relief techniques. We tailor treatment specifically for you and your injuries, and best of all it feels so good. You will leave your appointments feeling as though you had spent a day at the spa and yet you will be benefiting from the expert injury care of our highly specialized team. Our patients love the personalized attention and learning about the source of their discomfort. At Lifestyle Nutrition & Massage, we have the tools to treat your injuries and help you feel better as quickly as possible.
A Lifestyle Nutrition & Massage staff member will assist you with any billing questions and insurance issues. Your auto insurance (PIP) will cover all or the majority of the expense of treatment up to your policy limits. We do accept BCBS, Providence, and ASH health insurance. We try our best for there to be no financial surprises at Lifestyle Nutrition & Massage.